Join the Harriers for training! including Tuesday eve training schedule
- Written by Webmaster
- Hits: 455
Training opportunities with the Harriers all the year round & for members (only) opportunity to pay discounted rate for a term, or the year. Please read on for the various training opportunties with the Harriers. Come along to give a session a try>
- Juniors (age 8-15) - full track & field athletics programme or XC training on a Monday
- Age 14- 74 (younger athletes by invitation if of a good enough standard) Middle Distance & XC Training and quality sharp session for 5k/10k runners on a Tuesday
- Seniors (age 16-76) - road and off-road running for beginners or those in training for 10k, half marathon or marathon.
Read on for full details of each session, who to contact and for the latest Tuesday training programme.
Photos of our Club Training Sessions in action!
- Written by Paul Chadwick
- Hits: 539
Training opportunities with the Harriers all the year round: COME & JOIN US!
One of the best reasons for joining a Club is to have other people to train with, and to tap into the coaching advice, guidance and expertise available. Wells City Harriers provide a mixture of formal and informal sessions for different age groups age 8 to 80+.The Club has several qualified coaches, some of whom have coached for over 10 years. Come and join us at the session most appropriate to you.
If you are a junior, we can coach you to compete at track & field and cross-country
If you are a senior and have a target to get fitter, we can coach you and provide a training group for you
If you are a senior wishing to complete a road 5k/10k/half-marathon or marathon we have a training group or two that can help you achieve your target
- MONDAY Evening - Juniors age 8-16 at Millfield track - all track & field and Cross-country
- TUESDAY Evening - Seniors and juniors age 14+ at Millfield track for Middle distance & 5k/10k training
- WEDNESDAY evening - Seniors age 16 upwards at Wells Rugby Club - beginners and experienced
- SUNDAY morning - distance training groups from various locations