Renew membership online for Wells City Harriers 2019/20 membership year
New members welcome to sign up using paper form! - see below
FOR MEMBERS WHO WERE PAID UP IN 2018/19
You will be sent a request from England Athletics to renew your membership by PAYZIP for the year 1st April 2019 to 31st March 2020. Please pay online as this is our preferred way of managing memberships, and reducing the Club's costs. We will not be able to take payment in any other way. By making your payment you will be signifying that you:
- Abide by the Club’s Welfare Protection Policy.
- Abide by the Club Constitution and UK Athletics rules
- Give permission for photographs taken at public events and races to be used for Wells City Harrier publicity
- Will volunteer some time to help the Club in its activities (if a junior member, then your parent is expected to contribute time)
Please can all members ensure that their email address is up to date - if you have changed your email address since you last renewed your membership, please let us know as soon as possible.
England Athletics will send out the email on, or soon after 1st April - if you don't receive an email by, say, 10th April please contact the Harrier Membership Secretary, Alice, to receive another PAYZIP request.
FOR NEW MEMBERS (ONLY):
The 'new members' form for 2019/20 is here. Please complete and return this as close to 1st April as possible and make the appropriate payment. Please ensure you complete all parts of the form (both sides).The Membership Secretary, Alice, will acknowledge receipt of your application, and then enter you on the Membership database. If you have requested registration with England Athletics that will be notified to them and they will then confirm receipt of payment and send you a membership pack - NOTE: this might take 4-6 weeks.
Please do not use an old 2018/19 membership form as this is no longer in use. Please do not use the form if you were a paid up member in 2018/19- you will be sent an e-mail requesting you to renew online.
Note: Below are the fees for 2019/20 - they are the same as 2018/19 (no increase)
Annual Fees from April 2019 (includes PAYZIP transaction fee)
|Category of Membership||
|England Athletics fee||
|Active Coach or Hon Life Member||Free||Paid by the club if needed|
|Family of up to 4 (maximum of 2 adults)||£80||Included||£80|
|Junior (age 11 upwards or becomes 11 during membership year)||£11||£15||£26|
|Junior (age 8-10)||£11||n/a||£11|
|Competing Unwaged/Student/Senior Citizen||£11||£15||£26|
Please do not compete as a Harrier if you haven't renewed your membership.
VOLUNTEERING SOME TIME: We expect all Harrier members, or parents of juniors, to contribute time to the Club. This might be by helping out at training (e,g, holding a stop-watch; raking the long-jump pit), acting as a team manager; becoming a trained coach or official; writing a report for the website, taking a photo or two for the website, or helping to marshal at either the Street 5k Series or the Wells Fun Run. You can also help by joining the committee to plan Club activities and oversee the development of the Club.
Wells City Harriers Constitution (1981, revised 1994 and last revised 2006)
Wells City Harriers Partnership Agreement with Yeovil Olympiads (2000)
Wells City Harriers Data Protection Policy (2018)
JOINING US FROM ANOTHER CLUB?
It's now relatively straight forward to switch Clubs. Click here to find out how to move Clubs.
Want to be a Second Claim member? - if you use our coaching/training groups then you should join us 2nd claim at the very least, as you are benefitting from the Club's organisation, structure and commitment to improving the athlete. (You will also get the discounted training fee!)
We had 204 members aged 8 and upwards in 2017/18.
Over 100 of the members train regularly at one or more Harrier sessions.
On some weekends we have up to 100 members of different ages competing at different events.
In addition we have a number of non-competing and social members.
BENEFITS OF HARRIER MEMBERSHIP:
1. Discounted training fees;
2. Discounted kit;
3. Qualified coaches at all sessions;
4. Reduced race entry fees; (usually £2 cheaper for any road or off-road race)
5. Opportunity to be part of a winning team!
6. Covered by Club insurances;
7. Wells City Harriers has 'Club Mark' status;
8. We are the top club in the South West region for Road-Running & Cross-country
9. We have coached many junior athletes to top 10 in national rankings, and on to represent Team GB (9 Harriers have now represented TeamGB in the years 1998-2018)
10. We organise start up training for those trying to get fit or fitter
11. Membership of Wells City Harriers also gives membership (for free) of Yeovil Olympiads
12. We compete in Track & Field competitions with Yeovil Olympiads.
For those aged 11 and upwards looking to compete - part of your membership fee is paid to England Athletics
For 2019/20 that will be £15 of the total fee - EA registration brings many additional benefits.
Training sessions are available for all aged 8 and upwards.
Membership runs until you formally resign in writing to the Membership secretary and is due every April 1st.