The membership period now runs to 31st March 2021. Fees for 2020/21 shown below - these are significantly less than in 2019/20.
New members are welcome to sign up using form
- If you no longer require Harrier Membership then please let us know and we will remove you from the system
- If you have not received an EA/PayZip request by the end of August please let us know ASAP and we will investigate
- Have you changed your e-mail address this past year? If so, then the PayZip request will go to your old e-mail address unless you tell us!
- Please pay as soon as possible using the PayZip system when you receive the request to maintain continuous membership.
NEW MEMBER enquiries, forms & payments to Harrier Club Secretary Paul Chadwick please as our Membership Secretary Alice Knight, is currently unable to respond to enquiries. SEE NEW FORM BELOW.
WHAT MEMBERS ARE SIGNING UP TO
By making your payment to Wells City Harriers you will be signifying that you:
- Abide by the Club’s Welfare Protection Policy.
- Abide by the Club Constitution and UK Athletics rules
- Give permission for photographs taken at public events and races to be used for Wells City Harrier publicity
- Will volunteer some time to help the Club in its activities (if a junior member, then your parent is expected to contribute time)
FOR NEW MEMBERS (ONLY):
The 'new members' form for 2020/21 is here in Word form for completion on line & e-mailing back (preferred method) or printing off & posting back.
After receipt of your completed new members form, we will add you to the Harrier member database and you will then receive an invoice by PayZip.
Please do not use an old membership form as this is no longer in use. Please do not use the form if you were a paid up member in 2019/20- you will be sent an e-mail requesting you to renew online. 2nd Claim members can join for the same amount as 1st claim members to benefit from discounted training fees etc.
Membership Fees to 31st March 2021 (includes PAYZIP transaction fee) - please pay by 31st August 2020 for continuous membership
|Category of Membership||
|2020/21 Club fee only||
2020/21 Club fee plus England Athletics fee total
|Active Coach or Hon Life Member||Free||Free||Paid by the club if needed|
|Family of up to 4 (maximum of 2 adults)||£80 (inc EA)||£30||£60|
|Junior (age 11 upwards or becomes 11 during membership year)||£11||£5||£20|
|Junior (age 8-10)||£11||£5||n/a|
Please do not compete as a Harrier if you haven't renewed your membership.
VOLUNTEERING SOME TIME: We expect all Harrier members, or parents of juniors, to contribute time to the Club. This might be by helping out at training (e,g, holding a stop-watch; raking the long-jump pit), acting as a team manager; becoming a trained coach or official; writing a report for the website, taking a photo or two for the website, or helping to marshal at either the Street 5k Series or the Wells Fun Run. You can also help by joining the committee to plan Club activities and oversee the development of the Club.
Wells City Harriers Constitution (1981, revised 1994 and last revised 2006)
Wells City Harriers Partnership Agreement with Yeovil Olympiads (2000)
Wells City Harriers Data Protection Policy (2018)
JOINING US FROM ANOTHER CLUB?
It's now relatively straight forward to switch Clubs. Click here to find out how to move Clubs.
We had almost 200 members aged 8 and upwards in 2019/20.
Over 100 of the members train regularly at one or more Harrier sessions.
On some weekends we have up to 100 members of different ages competing at different events.
In addition we have a number of non-competing and social members.
BENEFITS OF HARRIER MEMBERSHIP:
1. Priority for Club training sessions with discounted training fees (£2 per session);
2. Discounted kit;
3. Qualified Harrier coaches at all Club sessions;
4. If EA registered - Reduced race entry fees; (usually £2 cheaper for any road or off-road race)
5. If EA registered - Opportunity to be part of a winning team! Entry fees paid for Cross-Country Leagues, road relays and off-road relays
6. Covered by Club insurances (Club has paid £150 fee to EA for 2020/21)
7. Wells City Harriers can subsidise any coaching or officiaiting course you attend if you then commit to helping out at Club sessions/events.
8. We are one of the top clubs in the South West region for Road-Running & Cross-country
9. We have coached many junior athletes to top 10 in national rankings, and on to represent Team GB (9 Harriers have now represented TeamGB in the years 1998-2020)
10. We organise start up training & couch to 5k programmes for those trying to get fit or fitter
11. Membership of Wells City Harriers also gives membership (for free) of Yeovil Olympiads to compete at Track & Field
12. Discounted social events including our Annual Dinner & if applying for London Marathon place in the main ballot as a Harrier then you can be included in the ballot held at the Annual Dinner for the Club's allocated place(s) if unsuccessful in the main ballot.
ENGLAND ATHLETICS REGISTRATION
As a Club we have always encouraged our members to compete and to benefit from England Athletics Registration when doing so. Due to Covid-19 restrictions there are currently few opportunties to compete and so Harrier members need to decide whether they wish to pay the £15 annual registration fee for 2020/21. More information about the benefits of England Athletics registration can be found here.
Harrier Membership runs until you formally resign in writing to the Membership secretary and is due every April 1st.